Animals trespassing on property

Reporting Someone Who Is Trespassing. The first step is to contact the police. A trespasser is in violation of the law and should be reported to the police immediately. You, the owner of the property, will be asked questions by a police officer when they arrive at your property. For instance, the time and date of the crime will be asked.